Quintessential Understanding for RV Solar Panels!!
Discussion on RV features often gets you in an intense debate while enjoying a bonfire. And, why not? If the conclusion can save you thousands of dollars on your next investment in RV.
Often getting your hands on a new RV or upgrading its new features could be daunting. After all, it’s your right to get the worth of every single dollar they spend on a deal. Thus, possessing every minor detail can help you seek maximum benefit in the long run. Discussion on RV features without mentioning RV solar panels is always incomplete. Here are the following reasons why:
- Your RVs need the same amount of energy as your house. RV solar panels are the best source of energy as an alternative.
- These can help you reduce your carbon footprint by 10 folds.
- The best alternative for electricity at the time of emergency or while staying to a place for a very long time.
Proud to recognize as one of the leading RV solar panels and kits sellers, we have covered a few quintessential things that you must keep in your mind before finalizing your deal.
So without ado, let’s start.
What exactly you are looking for?
People have different opinions about installing a portable solar system. Perhaps saving extra on your bills and a convenient way to use electricity on the go. But, it’s a general aspect. To get your specific priorities well severed, you must make a list of them. For instance, how many appliances you need to run, for how long you want them run on solar energy, what’s your total budget, and many more.
To figure them out, you need to have a basic understanding of your RV electric usage. Generally, an RV comes with a 30 Amp or 50 Amp system which you may come to know at the time of purchase. It is further divided into three parts a 12-volt DC coach system, a 12-volt DC automotive system, and a 120 volt AC coach system. Depending upon the appliances you make use of the 120-volt electric source.
Which RV solar panel is right for you?
Your RV is more like a home on the wheels. It also has circuit breakers similar to your house, at RV’s power distribution panel. It can be used for similar appliances like microwave, LP gas leak detector, stereo, refrigerator, and much more. Once you have penned down all your requirements, it’s time to look for the right solar panel kit.
Nowadays, you can look for solar panels in different shapes and sizes to meet customers’ niches. Some of them are mentioned below:
Portable solar panels.
These are ideal for people who love spending time while fishing, hiking, camping, fieldwork, and cottage. These are light in weight to be easily carried along with you and effective to generate small sources of energy anytime.
Foldable solar panels.
This solar panel kit is very conveniently designed to be foldable and portable making it very reliable, considering you can take it with you anywhere needed. This solar panel array is ideal for people who enjoy spending time camping, hiking, fishing, fieldwork, and at the cottage.
- Built-in smart chip
- Foldable lightweight design
- Durable Lamination technology
- USB smart charging technology
- Wide compatibility
- Waterproof and corrosion-resistant
- Foldable portable design
- With kickstand
- High conversion efficiency: up to 22%
What things do you avoid while installing RV solar panels?
Planning and purchasing of RV solar panel kit is half the battle win, the other half is the way you install and make use of it. There are many things that you need to keep in mind to avoid digging holes for yourself.
Here are a few mistakes which you must avoid while installing RV solar panels:
- Installing panels that are not exposed to full sun. Direct sunlight is the blood life for any solar system to work at full potential. Thus, shade and clouds become the true enemies of your solar RV solar panels to work at maximum potential. In some cases, due to wiring, the adjacent flannels are affected because of the panel in shade.
- Installing panels flat on your roof. Installing solar panels flat on your RV roof leads to blockage of air circulation around the panel. It also leads to an increase in the temperature of the solar panels that has an adverse impact on the output. The overall lifespan of the solar panel is also reduced.
- Undersized wires. There are two important things that one needs to keep in mind installing wires for your RV solar panel. First, never make the mistake of using indoor wires for outdoor wires. It will never help you to save an extra penny. Second, make sure to use a wire that is 10 gauge thick. Generally, wire thicker than your thumb is required, also these need to be long enough to avoid any kind of wire tension.
- Too much weight. Together with the solar panel kit and batteries, the overall weight will increase. This can reduce to some extent, by replacing acid batteries with lithium batteries. Even the small size of these batteries can produce just double the power, also lithium iron phosphate batteries are also the lowest cost batteries are the lowest for the long run.
Last words: The future is all about sustainable and carbon-free energy consumption. The solar panel system is the perfect match for a great energy source without a carbon footprint.
RV solar panels are going to be the best future investment for an ultimate source of energy. To enjoy the benefit to its fullest, then all you need to keep in mind is what you are looking for, from where you are looking, and from whom you are looking.